in the past, sunday was probably my most loathed day of the week... followed closely by wednesday. i guess that sounds rotten, but it's the truth so, no apologies.
then something amazing happened - i moved! and i love sundays, i love wednesdays... not so much when i'm working, but still - not so bad.
but, there's one thing that i hate about sunday, and that's the fact that, after you've spent your whole life enjoying sunday meals that are just heavenly (if you can excuse the occasional temperamental interaction with a sibling or two)
spending sunday afternoons alone...? with whatever meal you can manage to scrounge up, especially on a day like today when it becomes glaringly obvious that a trip to the grocery store is needed, can be kind of... lonely.
let's just say, i miss my family...
i miss my home.
but, i guess you can't always have your cake and eat it, too.
oooh... cake. that sounds good... i should put a cake mix on my grocery list...
1 comment:
Awwww... *sniff, sniff*... we miss you, too! Too bad we can't pack up a "Sunday-dinner-in-a-box" and send it to you. Or better yet, how 'bout a "family-in-a-box", minus the disagreeable siblings, eh?
I miss you! We never seem to be online at the same time lately. My dh is constantly (C.O.N.S.T.A.N.T.L.Y.) on the computer when he's at home. I'm near the end of my rope with this thing. I may duct tape the computer and the TV together and set them out by the curb. I'm so sick of football (and the season only just started!)... and the fantasy football that requires so much computer time. Toss in this stupid computer game that turns brain cells into mush (what he's doing when he's not watching football or playing fantasy football) and I'd have a full load for the garbage men... plus I'd be much happier. Only, I guess I'd need the computer to talk to you... Hmm, guess I'd better come up with a better plan, huh? Maybe I'll just use the duct tape to keep dh AWAY from the puter?
Anywho, gotta get back to work. Sorry you're lonesome. We'll see you soon, hopefully!
Love and stuff,
Bev.
Post a Comment