Tonight was the first night of a new book group I've joined with some friends from church and we are discussing this book. I'll admit that, based on the title, I haven't been expecting much. To be fair, I should say that I don't usually consider myself to be insecure. Sensitive, yes, and empathic, but insecure? No way! However, I do appreciate Beth Moore and a good book discussion, so I've been willing to go along for the ride.
You can imagine my surprise tonight when our discussion hit home with me. Beth mentioned (in her book, of course, she wasn't there in the flesh!) that insecurity could present itself in times when our relationship becomes unbalanced with our spouses - when we're seeking fulfillment and completion from them instead of from ourselves and from God, and also, how we can sometimes become so full of self doubt and insecurity that we feel unlovable, which leads to more imbalanced relationships, which leads to more self doubt and insecurity.... a vicious cycle.
Apparently, I'm currently dealing with some insecurity. Wow. How did I miss that?
I've found that it's not uncommon among us "healers" and "counselors" to be very empathetic and intuitive when it comes to other people's hurts, hang-ups, and inner struggles, and yet our own inner reflection can sometimes be lacking or we may miss some big clues that we should be tuning in to when something in our lives is off course or out of sync. I guess that's ironic, but it's true.
So, I think this is going to be a good book for me. I'll keep you posted.
If you've read it, I'd love to hear your feedback in the mean time.
♥
1 comment:
I loved that book. I just read a copy from the library, but would love to have my own copy so I can re-read it, take notes, highlight, etc. I learned a lot from it, that's for sure! Hope you enjoy it.
Post a Comment