Since it's been a while since I've posted, I thought I'd get back into the swing of things with a top ten list.
Top 10 Things That Have Happened (in my life) Since My Last Post:
10. Trip to Arkansas Number One: After working mandatory overtime (65 hours/week) for 3 months, Matt needed a break, so we took some vacation time to go home to Arkansas and see our family and friends. It was a much needed break for both of us. The timing of our trip was helpful, in that we were able to attend my cousin's funeral... that leads me to the next point.
9. My cousin, Charlia, passed away. Charlia was a very young 40 year old woman with a child like spirit and enthusiasm for life. Charlia had Downs Syndrome and she was an inspiration to many people with her can-do attitude and unique perspective on life. Her funeral was a beautiful celebration of her life - I'm so glad that I was able to know Charlia, I wish I had known her better... after hearing all of the stories told at her funeral, I know how greatly she is missed.
8. I discovered Pravana Chromasilk Vivids in Violet and have had Violet hair for over a month. It's mostly washed out now, but I will be adding more, soon. It's been a LONG time since I've had color in my hair, much less fun colors (my personal preference) so, I've felt like I've been more self-expressive lately, as far as outside appearances go.
7. Matt finally got a better schedule at work and will be off on Sunday's! This is the first time he's been able to go to church consistently since November, since he's had mandatory OT 9am-9pm Sunday-Thursday.
6. Trip to Arkansas Number Two: A close friend of Matt's family died, and we spent approximately 36 hours in Arkansas - driving through the night to get there, and through the night again to come home. The funeral was very touching. This friend was a long surviving heart transplant recipient, having lived 25 years after receiving a new heart and a new chance at life. Very thought provoking time for us, reflecting on life, death, and legacy.
5. A friend introduced me to Rick.com - Rick Dees online, where you can listen to past recordings of Rick's weekly top 40 show from the 80's, 90's, and 00's. Talk about some great flash backs - you should check it out!
4. I saw Iron Man for the first time. I had avoided it because I have an irrational fear of robots and people in suits that hide their faces, but Matt got a new blu-ray player for his birthday and he wanted us to watch Iron Man on blu-ray, so... I gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised. Now, I'm looking forward to seeing Iron Man 2.
3. Daphne ate an ant trap. Yes, it's true. Our basenji girl - or, as we call her, our "dog-ter" (daughter, get it?) got an ant trap that was under the cabinet and chewed it to pieces while we were at work. Thankfully, when Matt called the vet, she informed us that the trap was non-toxic and that she would be fine. She sure did give us a scare though!
2. Matt turned 26- Finally! Matt and I are the same age for 13 days of the year, and then my birthday rolls around and I'm the "older woman" again. This year, he turned 26 on the 26th and I think he will tell you that it was a good day. We ate pastries and drank Dunkin Donuts coffee at home that morning, then took Daphne for a long walk, spent some time shopping and picked up some new shoes for Matt, ate a mediocre dinner at Longhorn steakhouse, then came home for birthday cake.
1. The Nashville Flood. I've been stuck at this point for a while now, trying to put my thoughts into words. These people have said it so much better than I can:
No comments:
Post a Comment