Sunday, November 30, 2008

expectation

Today is the first Sunday of the 2008 Advent Season.
I am so excited to celebrate advent, especially this year - my first Christmas with my husband.
Advent comes from the Latin word adventus, meaning "coming".
Now, I don't talk very much about my faith background, but having grown up in a church community that discourages any mention of Christ associated with Christmas, I continue to learn new things about Advent, as this is only my second year spent with a congregation that commemorates and celebrates the Christian aspects of this holiday season.
Keeping that in mind, I plan to share some informative blogs about Advent, as well as devotionals and notes from our 4 Advent Sundays.

First, I have to finish tying up some end-of-the-month loose ends for work... but I can't wait to share with you, so I just had to put this teaser out... I hope you'll stay tuned!

Peace and Love,
B.C.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Wow! I love the new background! So festive! And the MEEZ is adorable. It looks a lot like you! Which is the whole point, I suppose. :)

Laurel said...

Looking forward to learning about advent from you! :D We miss you.

Sean said...

What happened to the updates...? I was looking forward to reading about it. My grandmother used to take me to a Methodist church when I was little and they followed the advent traditions. Unfortunately I have forgotten the meanings of the candles and such.